Beginner Tap Dance (4-7)
2:15 PM - 2:45 PM
$10 week for 32 weeks and a one-time $35 material fee
Beginners Level Tap Dance Class.
Tap is a style of dance characterized by the sound of the metal tap striking the floor. Tap utilizes rhythm, syncopation, and sound in addition to movement. An emphasis is placed on musicality, expression, and improvisation. Students will learn basic tap skills and terminology. Fundamentals such as balance and general alignment are also introduced at this level.
Benefits of Tap Dance
– Learn to dance to any song
– Improve your posture and balance
– Develop tap dance technique
– Tap Dancing exercises the mind
– Helps build confidence
– Tap Dancing is fun and social
Students will receive weekly handouts about the origin and history of tap dance, and many of its legendary dancers. There will be monthly quizzes on the information found in the handouts. Parents and students will receive a quiz schedule at the beginning of the school year. Quizzes will take place during class.
1. Tap Dance Shoes
2. One Folder with pockets
3. One Pencil
4. One Pen
5. One Highlighter Marker
6. Comfortable clothes (Leggings, joggers, t-shirt, shorts)
7. Bottle of water at each class
8. Hand Towel (Tap Dance is a workout!)