Beginning Sewing "A"
2:45 PM - 4:15 PM
$19.50 per week for 32 weeks, and a one-time $60
This is a 16 week class only.
In Intro to Sewing, we will have lots of fun learning all about the basics of sewing.
The students will learn about:
- How to sew using a sewing machine, needle, and thread.
- How to choose and use a variety of fabrics for different projects
- Color Theory when choosing fabrics for a project.
- Step-by-step project process to make multiple small projects, such as pillows, a small tote bag, and many other fun items.
- How to hem clothes
- Students will be allowed to plan, create, and make a final project of their choice.
For this class, you don't need any sewing experience.
It needs to include Thread, Needles, Scissors
Pins, sewing Measurement tape, fabric marking pencil, and thread puller.
Link to an Example:
Binders for worksheets and instructions
Pencils for notes
Fabric Scissors (Fiskar is an excellent brand)
Sewing Machine: I recommend Brothers, and you can usually get them for $100-$150 online. But any others work fine. It must be standard size.
Optional, but highly recommended: Traveling case for the Sewing machine.