COSTUME DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
For the serious, mature, self-motivated student! Join us!
Has your student ever mentioned the word "cosplay," and you have no idea what they are talking about?
Does your student always want to have the coolest homemade costume for Halloween but just aren't sure how to reach their creative goals?
In this student-motivated class, the teacher, Lacy Bucy, will work alongside your student as a guide and mentor as they work throughout the school year to go from a drawing on a page to bring a character to life. She will offer tips and tricks on creating several full-body costumes for the stage and fun. Each class may be supplemented with smaller projects with the goal of learning techniques.
- Writing notepad, pencils, colored pencils, and drawing sketchpad
- Laptop or tablet: Research and planning will be a considerable part of the process, so students must bring laptops or tablets that can use the internet to every class.
- This class will necessitate frequent trips to craft stores to research and to make purchases. Parents will need to make arrangements for shopping. Some shopping may be done as a field trip.
- It is the student's responsibility to complete their own goals and work on them each class period.
- As this is not a class to teach your student how to sew, students will be required to have minimal knowledge of hand sewing and how to use a sewing machine. Students must be able to bring their own sewing machine to class on days where one is needed. Two students could share one machine after parental approval.
- Various other tools will be used by the students.
- One parent will need to attend the first 15 minutes of the first class.
This class will cost you a minimum of $200 up to over $400 depending on how technical your student's costume will be. It is not unheard of to spend $400 - $600 for costumes.
Teacher: Mrs. Lacy Bucy
Classroom: Far Side 2
Cost: $18/week for 32 weeks and a one-time $40 material fee